Saturday, November 3, 2012

Team Kharkov Prayer Requests November 3rd-10th

"Keep them and do them, for that will be your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the peoples, who, when they hear all these statutes, will say, 'Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.' For what great nation is there that has a god so near to it as the Lord our God is to us, whenever we call upon him?  And what great nation is there, that has statutes and rules so righteous as all this law that I set before you today?" - Deut. 4:6-8, ESV

What a critical time in our history as a nation and as followers of Jesus!  I had the privilege of voting early, and actually voting in person - something I had not done since the 2000 elections.  How blessed we are as a nation to continue to have the opportunity to be heard through our prayers, and through our vote.

I have been reminded by the Lord that this country is still "One nation, under God," more so than any other nation on earth.  Regardless of the results of the coming election, we as followers of Christ are not without hope, and not without power through our prayers!

Welcome to our new prayer partners the Lord has provided in my first 3 weeks on stateside.  I have been so blessed by times of fellowship with friends old and new, and am looking forward to the plans my Father has for me the remainder of my time here.  The Lord continues to impress upon my heart and mind how critical prayer will be as I, through prayer, consider his plans for the work he has for us upon my return to Kharkov in January.  So, thank you for your commitment to pray!
Seeking his path through prayer.....
Please join us in praise and prayer this coming week:

- Praise to the Lord for working through the authorities in Kharkov to provide documents for the building for New Hope/Grace churches.  While the documents are still being processed, it would appear that official documents will be issued before the time limit expires.

- Amanda and Oleg will meet with embassy officials on November 13th for his visa interview.  Pray for all the details that must be worked out in getting her apartment packed up, furniture moved, and, hopefully, tickets bought for them to fly to Alaska within the next month upon approval for his visa.

- Pray for me as I will be traveling this weekend, sharing at a church on Sunday, and returning to Little Rock on Monday.  Pray for a time of sweet fellowship with the Lord on the journey, and for great times of fellowship with others over the weekend.

- Pray for Amanda as she continues to lead The Book Club during her remaining time in Kharkov.  Intercede for those who attend to have hearts and lives changed by the power of his Word as they read and study the book of Hebrews.

- Pray for me as I may travel next weekend to Springfield, Missouri for a missions celebration.  Petition the Lord to grant me opportunities to cast a vision for the work in Kharkov, and to lead many to join us in prayer for the 98% of Ukrainians in the Kharkov region who have yet to follow Jesus.

As you can probably tell if you've been receiving our prayer requests for a while, I'm working on a new format and sending system.  Thanks for your patience as I continue to learn and implement easier ways to get the word out to you as our partners through prayer.

I will also be working to update our Team Kharkov web site and hope to use that more regularly to post photos, videos, and other information that will help you more fully pray for the people of the Kharkov region of Ukraine.

Blessings to all of you, our co-laborers!

Team Kharkov




No comments: