Sunday, October 14, 2012

Team Kharkov Requests October 14th-20th

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will." (Romans 12:2)  

For the past month or more we have asked you to join us in praying for knowledge of his will and his plans for Amanda and I as we both begin new phases of this journey called "life in Christ."  Yet as I read this passage this morning, I was convicted that if I truly desire to know and walk in his will, I must choose to let go of the the "road map" of the world so imprinted on my heart and mind to allow the Holy Spirit to continue the transformation of my heart and mind - renewed, restored, and refreshed by the power of his Word.  

I'm reminded of just how difficult choosing to let go of the ways of the world might be as I become reacquainted with life in the states.  I find my senses overwhelmed by the abundance of choices regardless of where I might find myself - not only those choices for which I might pay a price financially, but also the choices I am given for expending my time, my energy, and my heart.  Pray for Amanda and I as we continue to walk the steps ordained by the Lord so that we might both "be able to test and approve" God's good, pleasing and perfect will.

Thank you for praying for my journey back to the states last Monday.  I give praise to the Lord for his answer throughout a long, but uneventful trip.    

Following are other ways you can join us in prayer through this coming week:

- We give thanks to the Lord for moving the visa process along for Oleg and Amanda.  Pray for Amanda as she contacts the embassy in Kiev for interviews and continues packing up her apartment prior to a move to another apartment in mid-November, with a planned move to Alaska in January.  

- Intercede for me (Linda) as I continue to prepare to share with churches in the states about opportunities to partner with Team Kharkov in the future.  Ask the Lord to grant me his heart, his mind, and his plans for reaching across culture to lead Ukrainians to the cross of Christ.

Grace/New Hope Church Building
- Praise to the Lord for how he has provided the necessary funds for Grace and New Hope Churches to begin securing the required documents for their church building.  Pastor Andre of Grace was to meet with authorities this past Thursday.  Please continue to pray for the pastors and their churches as they continue the process.  Petition the Lord to go before them as they represent their churches before authorities in the Kharkov region, seeking to walking in obedience to the law even as they obey the Lord.

- Pray for Amanda as she continues to lead the The Book Club through the book of Hebrews.  Ask the Lord to move in the hearts and minds of those who attend to bring them to a knowledge of their need for a personal relationship with Christ and a desire to submit to him as Lord.

-  I will travel on Friday from Little Rock to Olive Branch, Mississippi (near Memphis) to meet with past and future Mississippi volunteer team members, as well as church staff.  I will also have the opportunity to share during Sunday services at Longview Heights Baptist Church.  Pray the Father would speak to each of our hearts and minds as we meet, pray, and worship together.  

- Ask the Lord to grant me wisdom as I continue to seek his will in sharing with churches over the next 3 months.  Pray I will not miss those opportunities he is providing, but also, that I will take the time to allow him to refresh and renew me physically and spiritually.  

Thank you for coming alongside Amanda and I through your prayers.  Your partnership is vital in preparing not only the hearts of those to whom we will minister, but in preparing and protecting our hearts as well.  Know that we do not take lightly your commitment to undergird our daily lives as you intercede for us.

IMPACTing the Kharkov region of Ukraine with the love of Christ!



No comments: